Collaboration in Skilled Nursing Facilities: A Certificate of Skills in Medicare, MDS, and PDPM for Therapy Professionals
AAPACN’s Therapy Collaboration in SNFs Certificate program gives you access to education, tools, and resources to develop effective teamwork to provide excellent skilled care services under PDPM. Developed for the entire therapy team by the MDS experts at AANAC and the clinical therapy experts at Aegis Therapies, this course is intended to increase the knowledge and skills of the team by optimizing the impact of therapy in the patient care process and improving collaboration for documentation to support the MDS and the skilled level of care under Medicare Part A.
Upon completion of the Therapy Collaboration in SNFs certificate, you will be able to:
- Describe the initial purpose of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the philosophy of the SNF Prospective Payment System
- State the technical eligibility requirements for Medicare and describe the skilled level of care requirements
- Identify how therapy documentation can impact the accurate coding of many different MDS items
- Delineate the key components of the five case-mix adjusted components of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Identify the perils and pitfalls of the MDS and PPS process
Therapy Collaboration Program Format
The Therapy Collaboration in SNFs program is offered as an online-only course, and includes several downloadable tools and a certificate exam.
- You’ll have access to all course material and the certificate exam for a period of 90-days to complete at your own pace
- The online content, which is expected to take eight hours to complete, is a combination of guidance to read, including Therapy Spotlights, short educational videos, and knowledge checks
- A certificate is earned upon completion of the final test with a score of 80% or higher
- Downloadable tools include Patient-Driven Payment Model At-a-Glance Guide, Triple Check Tool, and Therapy MDS Quick Reference
Who Developed This Program
AAPACN brought together the MDS and RAI process nursing experts at AANAC and the therapy clinical, quality, and documentation experts at Aegis Therapies to develop this comprehensive certificate program.
Who This Program Benefits
This comprehensive program benefits all members of the therapy team, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, therapy assistants, rehabilitation aides, therapy consultants, and anyone interested in learning more about how the therapy team collaborates as part of the IDT and contributes to the MDS process, skilled Medicare services, and the PDPM.
The Therapy Collaboration in SNFs program is eligible for the following education credits:
0.8 AOTA CEUs
0.95 ASHA CEUs
8.0 ANCC CEs
The program is pending approval by the CE Broker for the Florida Physical Therapy Association. Upon approval, CEUs may be granted retroactively. Download full program brochure.
Download the FREE Responding to ADRs – Therapy Contributions Tool
Help your therapy team respond to ADRs with this FREE tool from AAPACN. Complete the form below to access the tool.