Collaboration in Skilled Nursing Facilities: A Certificate of Skills in Medicare, MDS, and PDPM for Therapy Professionals – COMING SOON
Discover how you can improve therapy collaboration in SNFs by eliminating the silos of care management and redefining the role of therapy in clinical reimbursement and quality outcomes. Developed for the entire therapy team by the MDS experts at AANAC and the clinical therapy experts at Aegis Therapies, this course is intended to increase the knowledge and skills of the team by optimizing the impact of therapy in the patient care process and improving collaboration for documentation to support the MDS and skilled level of care under Medicare Part A.
Upon completion of the Therapy Collaboration in SNFs certificate, you will be able to:
- Describe the initial purpose of the Minimum Data Set (MDS) and the philosophy of the SNF Prospective Payment System
- State the technical eligibility requirements for Medicare and describe the skilled level of care requirements
- Understand how therapy documentation can impact the accurate coding of many different MDS items
- Delineate the key components of the five case-mix adjusted components of the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Identify the perils and pitfalls of the MDS and PPS process
The Therapy Collaboration in SNFs program is offered online and includes a certificate test. A certificate is earned upon completion of the test with 80% correct.
The Therapy Collaboration in SNFs program is eligible for 9.75 CEs.
Who Developed This Program
AAPACN brought together the MDS and RAI process nursing experts at AANAC and the therapy clinical, quality, and documentation experts at Aegis Therapies to develop this comprehensive certificate program.
Who This Program Benefits
AAPACN is committed to an interdisciplinary team (IDT) approach to resident care; therefore, this program is written for all members of the therapy team, including physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, therapy assistants, rehabilitation aides, therapy consultants, and anyone interested in learning more about how the therapy team collaborates as part of the IDT and contributes to the MDS process, skilled Medicare services, and the PDPM.
Price $325 – member and non-member