Section GG Train-the-Trainer
Members: $131 | Non-members: $262
Continuing Education: 1.5 CE hours
Duration: Six sessions, approximately 15-20 minutes each; plus online exam
Speaker: Jessie McGill, RN, BSN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA
A Comprehensive Train-the-Trainer Certificate Program
*Updated with Oct. 1, 2023, MDS Changes
Section GG, Functional Abilities and Goals, continues to grow in importance as CMS retires section G, Functional Status, and requires section GG to be completed on all OBRA assessments. Section GG items are already used for reimbursement in the Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) and the Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) Quality Reporting Program (QRP) but will also be used as care area triggers (CATs) for the care area assessments (CAAs) and as triggers for Quality Measures (QMs).
AAPACN’s Section GG Train-the-Trainer certificate program will prepare you to teach section GG to direct care staff and provide training material and resources to enhance learning. This training focuses on understanding the section GG tasks and performance scales needed by nurses, nurse aides, and interdisciplinary team (IDT) members to accurately document the resident’s functional performance.
To become a trainer, you must watch the six-part instructional webinar, complete the knowledge checks, and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or better. Upon successful completion, you will receive AAPACN’s Section GG Training Kit, which includes:
- Section GG Trainer’s Guide
- PowerPoint training presentation for training IDT members
- Section GG data collection tools and GG pocket guide for attendees
- A certificate of completion for attendees
This comprehensive training package will prepare you for teaching in small or large groups, ranging from five to 500 people.
- Describe the differences between the performance periods on the OBRA and PPS assessments for section GG data collection
- Demonstrate understanding of section GG performance scales, tasks, and subtasks
- Employ section GG training strategies for large or small groups
- Teach section GG concepts and documentation to nurse aides, nurses, therapy team members, and additional direct care IDT members
There is an online exam associated with the Section GG Train-the-Trainer certificate program.
None of the planners or presenters for this activity have relevant financial relationship(s) to disclose with ineligible companies.