Section GG Train-the-Trainer
Members: $127 | Non-members: $254
Continuing Education: 1.5 CE hours
Duration: One 90-minute session; plus online exam
Speaker: Jessie McGill, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA
A Comprehensive Train-the-Trainer Certificate Program
CMS continues to expand the use of section GG, from driving SNF Quality Reporting Program (QRP) measures to having a major impact in three of the five case-mix-adjusted PDPM payment components – PT, OT, and nursing – and, starting Oct. 1, 2020, to be used by State Medicaid Agencies to inform future payment model decision.
NACs must take on a larger role in coordinating data collection and ensuring it’s accuracy. This starts with consistent training for nurses aides and the entire IDT. AAPACN’s Section GG Train-the-Trainer certificate program will prepare you to provide on-going training to direct care staff to accurately report or document the resident’s performance in the 24 different section GG self-care and mobility activities.
To become a trainer, you must watch the instructional webinar and pass the final exam with a score of 80% or better. Upon successful completion, you will receive AAPACN’s Section GG Training Kit, which includes:
- Section GG Trainer’s Guide
- Powerpoint training presentation for training IDT members
- Section GG data collection tools and GG pocket guide for attendees
- A certificate of completion for attendees
This comprehensive training package will prepare you for teaching in small or large groups, ranging from five to 500 people.
- Describe the differences between the performance periods on the OBRA and PPS assessments for section GG data collection
- Demonstrate understanding of section GG performance scales, tasks, and subtasks
- Employ section GG training strategies for large or small groups
- Teach section GG concepts and documentation to nurse aides, nurses, therapy team members, and additional direct care IDT members
There is an online exam associated with the Section GG Train-the-Trainer certificate program.
Jessie McGill has no conflicts of interest to disclose.