ANCC Accredited Provider
The Importance of ANCC Accreditation
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) supports the lifelong learning needs of RNs by ensuring that educational activities are designed using criteria that are evidence-based and that are independent from commercial influence.
Through the submission of in-depth analysis and comprehensive documentation of goals and processes, AAPACN has demonstrated the ability to provide quality continuing nursing education (CNE) activities and therefore are recognized by ANCC as an accredited provider.
Keeping Content Free From Influence and Bias
As part of its accreditation, AAPACN is charged with ensuring that all content that is awarded CNE is free of influence and bias from organizations that may offer financial support through an unrestricted educational grant or sponsorship.
Monitoring and Resolving Conflicts of Interest
AAPACN’s responsibility is to evaluate the presence or absence of conflicts of interest during the planning and implementation phase on an educational activity. AAPACN requires individuals who have the ability to control or influence the content of an educational activity to disclose all relevant relationships with any commercial interest including, but not limited to:
- Planning Committee
- Content Reviewers
AAPACN does a thorough evaluation when developing and implementing an educational activity to ensure that if a conflict of interest exists, it is resolved and disclosed to all participants.
As defined by ANCC, enduring materials include online courses, printed manuals and electronic media that “endures” over time. AAPACN does regular environmental scans of the post-acute care field and updates course curriculum based on the changes in government regulation and policy.
American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Course Completion Requirements
Whether you are looking to complete one of AAPACN’s certification programs, attend a webinar on the latest topic, or take an individual course, you will be awarded continuing nursing education by fulfilling the completion requirements. Depending on the format you choose, the requirements for successful completion and receipt of a CE certificate are different.
Completion requirements for the online course format include:
- Course enrollment by purchasing online course.
- Log into the AAPACN Learner Dashboard using login and password provided when setting up your contact record. Your login and password are unique to you and will allow you access to course curriculum, pretest, quizzes, final exam, and course progress.
- The course is divided into chapters and within each chapter there are content sections. In order to access your CE certificate, you are required to review/complete a requisite number of content sections within all of the course chapters. Your CE certificate will be available, upon completion of the required course sections, by clicking on the “Credit” button at the bottom of the course navigation window.
*Partial credit is not awarded.
Completions requirements for the hardbound manual format include:
- Course enrollment by purchasing hardbound manual.
- The hardbound manual will include a Self-Study Course Completion Attestation Form to be completed, signed, dated, and returned to AAPACN after you have completed review of the course material.
- By completing and signing the attestation form, the individual is attesting to fully participating in the learning activity.
- Upon receipt and verification of the Self-Study Course Completion Attestation Form, the learner will receive a CE certificate via regular US mail or email.
*Partial credit is not awarded.
Completion requirements for live events (AAPACN workshops) include:
- Course enrollment by registering for the event.
- It is required that each student sign-in for each day and/or session and cannot retroactively sign-in once the activity has concluded.
- It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that he/she completes the sign-in process as required. Continuing nursing education for a live event is based upon actual classroom attendance for the duration of the scheduled educational activity and is verified through sign-in sheets.
- The instructor will monitor attendance of each student. If a student must leave before the activity is scheduled to end or is late arriving, he/she will not receive full CE credit. Partial credit may be awarded.
- Each attendee, based on sign-in sheets/attendance, will receive the CE certificate upon the completion of the educational activity.
Completion requirements for live events (AAPACN Annual Conference):
- Activity enrollment by registering for the conference.
- Attendance at the AAPACN Annual Conference is verified through a duplicate self-reporting Continuing Education Certificate, issued to each attendee.
- The individual is required to initial the sessions he/she participated in full; partial credit is not awarded.
- Upon completion of all educational activities, the form is to be signed, dated and returned to AAPACN- white (top) copy is for AAPACN/yellow (bottom) copy is for the attendee.
- By signing the certificate, the individual is attesting to fully participating in the sessions attended and initialed.
Course completion requirements for AAPACN webinars:
- Webinar enrollment by purchasing the webinar.
- Before the webinar is scheduled to begin, students are required to log into the webinar platform using their first and last name and email address, which will be used to verify attendance electronically.
- Students are required to attend the entire webinar and will not be awarded partial credit.
- CE certificates are available electronically upon conclusion of the event. To ensure individuals are participating in the entire webinar, AAPACN will do a random audit to verify registration and attendance.