AAPACN Student Nurse Membership
Enhance your education and jumpstart your nursing career by joining AAPACN as a student nurse member. Student nurse membership with AAPACN complements your formal nursing education by providing access to tools and resources that help you prepare for your career as a nurse in a post-acute care and a skilled nursing facility.
Student Nurse Membership Benefits
- Networking opportunities – Starting a new at a job is never easy. Find peers and others in your same shoes by networking with members in a private online community, the AAPACN Connect. Search the member directory to find other members in your state or city. Have your questions answered by experienced members and AAPACN’s nurse expert moderators.
- Discounts on education and certification – Supplement your clinical training with additional education and certifications specific to post-acute care. Members save up to 50% off all courses. Just starting your PAC career? AAPACN recommends starting with DNS Fundamentals and MDS Essentials.
- Hot-topic podcast series – The AAPACN podcast channels, LTC DON Chat and LTC NAC Chat, feature interviews with top experts and thought leaders in the post-acute care field and nursing profession.
- Free online tools – AAPACN nurse experts release dozens of free process documents, checklists, flow charts, and algorithms every year the help you perform more efficiently and effectively.
- Live webinars providing CEs throughout the year – AAPACN offers approximately 12 free webinars each year on a hot topic or recent regulator change. Learn more about upcoming webinars.
- Scholarship opportunities – The AAPACN Education Foundation awards scholarships to students with an interest in post-acute care and who are pursuing a bachelor’s, master’s, or doctoral degree.
Student Nurse Membership Basics
Term: 12 months
- You must be a full-time student (as considered by your college or university) or enrolled to be a full-time student within the calendar year
- You may only be a student member at AAPACN for a maximum of four years
- Proof of enrollment is necessary, which could be:
- Letter or official correspondence from the Dean or official school representative, which verifies full-time status
- Acceptance letter noting full-time status if school has not yet begun
- Tuition invoice for the upcoming semester/quarter
- Copy of your upcoming class schedule, which clearly indicates full-time status
How to Join as a Student
1. Download and complete the student membership application
2. Return the application with proof of full-time student status and payment via:
a. Fax: 303-758-3588, Attn: Buffy Maron-Gray
b. Mail: 400 S. Colorado Blvd., Suite 500, Denver, CO 80246
3. You will be notified once your application has been approved