Live webinars for LTPAC nurses and IDT staff are hosted throughout the year, as important topics and regulatory changes arise. Led by AAPACN nurse experts and thought leaders in the industry, these timely discussions offer guidance and information you can trust to do your job correctly and efficiently.
Upcoming Live Webinars
- Don’t Be at a Loss: Effective Resident Weight Loss Management
Members: Free | Non-members: $105
Continuing Education: 1.0 CE hour
Date: February 16, 2023
Time: 2 pm ET, 1 pm CT, Noon MT, 11 am PT
Duration: 60 minutes
Speakers: Denise Winzeler, BSN, RN, LNHA, DNS-MT, QCP-MT and Jessie McGill, RN, RAC- MT, RAC-MTA
Significant unplanned weight loss in a resident can be a challenging clinical concern that requires collaboration from the interdisciplinary team to manage. During this 60-minute webinar, AAPACN Curriculum Development Specialists, Denise Winzeler, BSN, RN, LNHA, DNS-MT, QCP-MT and Jessie McGill, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, will discuss approaches to manage resident weight loss, improve the accuracy of MDS coding for changes in weight, and develop a care plan to address weight loss. In addition, they will explain how significant unplanned weight loss can adversely impact quality of care issues for the resident as well as public reporting of the Quality Measures.
After participating in this webinar, learners will be able to:
• Apply steps to manage significant unplanned weight loss in a resident
• Identify the steps for assessment to accurately code weight on the MDS
• Understand the methodology of the MDS 3.0 Quality Measure, Percent of Residents Who Lose Too Much Weight
• Recognize areas affected by significant unplanned weight loss