Call for Presentations
Share your experience, expertise, and best practices as a speaker at the AAPACN 2021 Conference! AAPACN is looking for long-term care experts and leaders ready to help their peers handle the twists and turns of the ever-changing post-acute care world. The format for your presentation will be a 75-minute breakout session (40 – 500 attendees, depending on their interest in the topic). We strongly encourage 60 minutes of content and 15 minutes of Q&A — either throughout or at the end of your presentation. AAPACN hopes to address the following topics or other subjects you think appropriate for this audience:
- MDS coding
- Clinical systems oversight
- Managing SNF QRP, Five Star, Quality Measures, and CASPER Reports
- Reimbursement-related topics
- Regulatory compliance – avoiding deficiencies
- Documentation to support PDPM and care delivery
- Resident-centered care planning
- Staff development and retention
- Survey successes and best practices
- Responding to medical reviews
- Emergency preparedness
- Be sure to review all questions and have your answers ready to input at the same time for submission. The web form does not auto-save.
- Be specific with your topic. 75 minutes may seem like a long time, but ask former presenters and they will tell you that time flies. It is better to cover a smaller topic very well than promise too much and be incomplete.
- Consider presenting with a client if you are a consultant. The real-life stories the two of you can provide create a unique learning experience that can be more engaging and memorable than strictly a lecture.
Selected speakers will receive a complimentary conference registration to either an in-person or virtual conference. The AAPACN conference session task force and content team will reviews submissions, and speakers will be notified in November. In the event that AAPACN elects to host a virtual 2021 Conference, speaker sessions will be pre-recorded and presenters will be expected to participate in a virtual Q&A session with conference attendees during the session broadcast. Due to the length of the breakout sessions, no more than two speakers will be selected per session. The deadline to submit a proposal is Monday, Sept. 14. If you have questions, please contact the conference team at email@example.com. We look forward to your proposal!