Exclusive Discounts for AHCA Members
Prepare for compliance now. On Oct. 24, 2022, surveyors will begin using new guidance. AHCA has partnered with the American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) to provide your nursing teams with access to the training they need to effectively review and update their systems and processes for compliance. AHCA members receive up to 50% off non-member pricing when purchasing from this page.
QAPI Certified Professional Certification (QCP)
Online +PDF – Members: $437 | Non-members: $874
Exam (sold separately) – Members: $112 | Non-members: $224
Continuing Education: 16.21 CE hours for online
NAB CEs: 18 CE hours for online five-course set purchase only
Translate Your Data into Action
QAPI is a data-driven approach to improving the quality of care and services provided in a facility; however, the full potential of QAPI is often missed. Instead, it becomes just another of many monthly or quarterly meetings.
Learn how to translate your data into actionable information and drive performance improvement. AAPACN’s QAPI Certified Professional (QCP) certification program provides practical and relevant quality improvement education that you can apply in all aspects of QAPI.
Learning objectives include:
- Demonstrate how to use facility data to create improvement plans
- Understand the steps to conduct a thorough root cause analysis
- Know how to set thresholds and surveillance benchmarks to measure facility progress
- Explain when a PIP is needed versus an action plan
The Guide to Enhanced Resident Safety
Members: $140 | Non-members: $280
Improve Incident Management and Surveillance
With the upcoming October CMS updates, surveyors will be trained on new regulatory guidance, including abuse, neglect, and exploitation. The two-part Guide to Enhanced Resident Safety from AAPACN provides facility leaders with a systematic approach to prepare for these changes, decrease survey citations, and improve resident safety.
Get the knowledge to:
- Conduct a proper investigation
- Perform a root cause analysis
- Monitor incident surveillance through QAPI
- 12 Incident Investigation Tools
- Root Cause Analysis Tool
- Interactive Fishbone Tool
- Safety Rounds Tool
- Questions to Assist with Interpreting Data Tool
- Incidence Surveillance: Summary for a QAPI Meeting Tool
- Excel Incident Surveillance Tracking Tool
Documentation Toolkit for Nurse Leaders
Members: $91 | Non-members: $182
Tools and Resources to Improve Documentation in Your Facility
Use this set of tools and resources to systematically apply the four pillars of documentation – the nursing process, skills and competency, clinical leadership, and organizational management – and make lasting improvements to documentation for accurate reimbursement. The tools and resources in this toolkit are designed by nurse experts to be practical, applicable, and include fun educational activities specifically for the nursing team.
Included tools allow you to:
- Use the 40 educational tools, which includes 19 different documentation guides covering clinical conditions and special situations, to enhance the nursing team’s ability to apply the nursing process and document accordingly
- Create workflows that enable documentation to occur consistently and enhance the quality and comprehensiveness of documentation using various methods of clinical leadership
- Apply the relationship between the nursing process and documentation as a framework to develop competency of documentation skills
- Define documentation standards as they relate to the requirements in the Medicare Benefit Policy Manual
- Understand the relationship and processes involved between documentation in the medical record and the MDS, with emphasis on Payment Driven Payment Model (PDPM)
- Learn the documentation protocols that can mitigate the risks of litigation
- Find out how surveyors utilize the documentation in the medical record to investigate compliance with regulations
Quality Measures Survival Guide
Members: $60 guide | Non-members: $120 | Tool only: $18
Navigate the maze of MDS 3.0 Quality, QRP, and SNF VBP Measures
Detailing over 50 QMs in one place, this guide features hundreds of form fields and numerous links to important resources, including an At-A-Glance QM, QRP, and VBP tool, detailed definitions and algorithms, a full reference guide, and interactive audit tools for 30 Quality Measures.
Use the QM Survival Guide to:
- Make your job easier by quickly referencing Quality Measures you need to know to perform your job well
- Help you stay on the right path to easily identify the triggers, exclusions, and the seemingly endless list of covariates
- Identify if there is a problem with any of the key areas of quality improvement — system, knowledge, or performance — to develop an action plan for QAA for improved outcomes
- Audit for the more than 51 Quality Measures (QMs) originating from three different quality initiative programs
This product includes an At-A-Glance QM, QRP, and VBP tool, detailed definitions and algorithms, a full reference guide, and interactive audit tools for 30 Quality Measures.