October 2022 Survey Updates
On Oct. 24, 2022, surveyors will begin using new survey guidance to identify noncompliance with QAPI, trauma-informed care, and resident safety, including abuse, neglect, and exploitation. The Centers for Medicare and Medicare Services (CMS) is giving SNFs four months to prepare for these changes, because you and your team will need that time to review and update your systems and processes for compliance. AAPACN is here to guide you through the Oct. 24 survey updates with articles, analysis, education, and resources.
- Get a quick breakdown of key changes to Appendix PP of the SOM. Read article.
- AAPACN Vice President of Education and Certification Strategy, Amy Stewart, MSN, RN, DNS-MT, QCP-MT, RAC-MT, provides an overview of the regulatory changes. Watch video now.
Recent Articles and Alerts
- The Use of Critical Element Pathways to Identify Noncompliance
- The Road to Compliance Starts with a Gap Analysis
- October 24 Survey Changes and How SNFs Can Prepare
- How—and Why—to Maximize Your Staff’s Communication Skills
- Appendix PP Revisions in the State Operations Manual: Breaking Down Key Changes
Got AAPACN? Join for access exclusive member benefits. Free tools, articles, and discounts. Join today!
AAPACN’s team of nurse experts breakdowns the 98-pages of regulatory guidelines to determine which areas impact nursing and to help you put proper processes in place for compliance by Oct. 24. From July through mid-September, AAPACN will release 15 on-demand learning modules. Learn more.
Surveyors will be trained on new regulatory guidance, including abuse, neglect, and exploitation. This two-part guide with seven interactive tools provides facility leaders with a systematic approach to prepare for these changes, decrease survey citations, and improve resident safety.
QAPI is a data-driven approach to improving the quality of care and services provided in a facility; however, the full potential of QAPI is often missed. Instead, it becomes just another of many monthly or quarterly meetings. Listen to Amy Stewart explain why QAPI training is for everyone. Learn how to translate your data into actionable information and drive performance improvement with QCP. Learn more.
Are you and your team appropriately trained and competent to care for residents who are at risk for re-traumatization? Amy Stewart explains the importance of creating a trauma-informed culture before the October 2022 changes. Learn how to create an environment that minimizes triggers, avoids re-traumatization, and provides culturally competent care – all key concepts in the updated regulations. Learn more.