AAPACN Education & Certification Preconference Workshops
Tuesday, April 14, 2020 – Wednesday, April 15, 2020
QAPI Certified Professional (QCP) Workshop
Taught by Barbara Bates, RN, MSN, RAC-CT, DNS-MT, QCP-MT, and Linda Winston, RN, MSN, BS, RAC-CT, DNS-MT, QCP-MT, both of MDS Solutions and MedNet Concepts
As a QAPI Certified Professional (QCP), you have shown that you have the knowledge and experience to guide your team in complying with the new regulations. This credential demonstrates that you know how to prepare for and implement QAPI-mandated processes in your facility. The QCP certification is designed for licensed professionals with two years of experience who are directors of nursing services, QAPI managers, nursing facility administrators, nurse managers, social services directors, activities directors, or staff development directors. The prep workshop is optional for earning the QCP certification but is designed to help you prepare for the exam.
- QAPI Design and Scope for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Governance and Leadership for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Feedback, Data Systems, and Monitoring for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Performance Improvement Projects for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Systematic Analysis and Systemic Action for Skilled Nursing Facilities
The two-day QCP Workshop provides 15 nursing CEs.
RAC-CT® Recertification Workshop
Taught by Jane Belt, MS, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, QCP, AAPACN
Are you up-to-date on all of the RAI User’s Manual updates and regulatory changes including PDPM that have developed since you became RAC-CT certified? The world of MDS today is drastically different from the one you knew just two years ago. The RAC-CT recertification program, created by a team of experts for busy professionals, carefully explains all of the RAI/MDS updates that have taken place over the past two years, from PDPM changes to section GG to the new items in sections I and J, and more. It also covers the nuance of common coding errors that you could be making, preparing you to perform more accurate assessments and deliver better care. Get the latest in connection Quality Measure pitfalls to MDS coding while keeping your RAC-CT credential and your MDS expertise up-to-date with the RAC-CT Recertification program.
- Gain a clear understanding of the PDPM payment system including the interrupted stay and interim payment assessment policies
- Identify the most common MDS coding errors in light of recent updates and how to avoid them
- Understand updates to MDS 3.0 Quality Measures and how specific MDS items impact them
- Navigate ethical dilemmas during the RAI process
The two-day RAC-CT Recertification workshop provides 7.5 nursing CEs.
This recertification workshop is designed for those who have already earned their RAC-CT designation and are approaching their two-year recertification deadline.
ICD-10 CM Coding Certificate Program for SNFs + ICD-10-CM for PDPM
Taught by Carol Maher, RN-BC, RAC-MTA, RAC-MT, CPC, Hansen Hunter & Co.
In this program, AANAC Master Teacher, Carol Maher, RN-BC, RAC-MT, CPC, guides long-term care nurses and IDT members through the process of determining and identifying the most appropriate ICD-10-CM codes. The Patient-Driven Payment Model (PDPM) has increased the importance of accurate ICD-10-CM diagnoses by shifting Medicare payments from therapy volume to resident characteristics. ICD-10-CM codes and diagnoses will impact the OT, PT, SLP, NTA, and nursing components under PDPM. Carol will walk you through the process for using the ICD-10-CM Manual, from identification of the main term through the final code selection, and review coding and chapter-specific guidelines. You will have the opportunity to enhance your learning and locate correct ICD-10-CM codes through this workshop.
- Define the correct process for determining the ICD-10 CM code from the physician’s documented diagnoses
- State the importance of chapter specific guidelines
- Explain steps required to determine a principal diagnosis
- State the MDS item where the facility will document the ICD-10-CM code for the primary diagnosis
- List at least four documents to review to determine diagnoses for your new SNF resident
The two-day ICD-10 workshop provides 7.5 nursing CEs.
|Schedule at a Glance||Precon Workshops||Conference Schedule Detail||Registration Information||Hotel & Travel||Fun in Atlanta||Awards||Scholarships||Exhibitor & Sponsor|