Per HRSA, nursing homes in a Health Professional Shortage Area (HPSA) are eligible facilities for nurses to work at.
Across the United States, many communities are facing a shortage of health care providers, especially nurses. There are many factors that impact the supply of and demand for nurses, such as population growth, an aging population, overall economic conditions, and the aging of the nursing workforce.
The Nurse Corps Loan Repayment Program (LRP) helps address the health care needs of those in underserved communities and supports the ongoing development of the nursing workforce in our country by offering funding to registered nurses and advanced practice registered nurses towards payment of their qualifying educational loans.
In exchange for the payment of these qualifying educational loans:
- Nurses (RNs and APRNs) serve a two-year service commitment at a health care facility facing a critical shortage of nurses.
- Nurse faculty serve a two-year service commitment at an eligible school of nursing.
Additional loan repayment is available for both groups with a third year of service commitment.
Learn more about this opportunity.
The application cycle closes on January 13, 2022.
Technical Assistance Webinars
The webinars will:
- Review eligibility requirements
- Provide information about the application process
- Review deadlines
- Provide answers to Frequently Asked Questions and allow you to get your questions answered in real time
To participate, use the access information below:
- Technical Assistance Webinar #1
Thursday, December 9, 2021
2:30 – 4:00 PM ET Join via Zoom Dial in: 833-568-8864 | Meeting ID: 160 600 1560
- Technical Assistance Webinar #2
Thursday, January 6, 2022
2:30 – 4:00 PM ET Join via Zoom Dial in: 833-568-8864 | Meeting ID: 160 943 0547
Customer Care Center
For additional application questions, call the Customer Care Center at 1-800-221-9393 (TTY: 1-877-897-9910) Monday through Friday (except federal holidays) 8:00 AM to 8:00 PM ET.