Medicare Fundamentals Live
Two-Day Live Virtual Workshop – Members: $400 | Non-members: $800
Continuing Education: 9.3 CE hours
Dates: Aug. 31-Sept. 1, 2022
Time: Noon – 5 pm ET each day (11 am – 4 pm CT, 10 am – 3 pm MT, 9 am – 2 pm PT)
Master Teacher: Jennifer LaBay, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, QCP, CRC
An Introduction to Medicare Management
Medicare Fundamentals Live is a two-day live virtual workshop through Zoom designed to provide nurse assessment coordinators (NACs), administrators, nurse leaders, and interdisciplinary team (IDT) members with a strong foundational knowledge of the basics of Medicare coverage in the skilled nursing facility (SNF). AAPACN Master Teacher, Jennifer LaBay, will guide you through understanding the Medicare benefit period, the key technical and skilled care requirements of Medicare Part A coverage, consolidated billing practices, and the requirements of beneficiary notices to ensure compliance and avoid potential penalties. You will gain an understanding of the medical review process, including responding to medical reviews and appeals.
Interactive Instruction with Live Q&A
This live virtual workshop will move through the same ten-part curriculum developed for the on-demand program while providing a unique forum to receive interactive education with live comprehensive question and answer sessions. You will have the opportunity to address your specific concerns so that you and your team can be successful in managing all the moving parts of Medicare Part A.
After participating in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Understand the technical requirements of Medicare Part A coverage in the SNF, including the qualifying hospital stay, 30-day transfer rule, benefit period, and the physician certification and recertification process
- Recognize the clinical requirements of Medicare Part A coverage in the SNF, including direct skilled nursing, indirect skilled nursing, direct skilled rehabilitation, and the administrative presumption of coverage
- Explain the documentation requirements of Medicare Part A services
- Understand the implications of noncompliance with Medicare regulations and how to avoid noncompliance
- Apply the basics of consolidated billing
- Identify the key components of Medicare meetings
- Recognize the required beneficiary notices for Medicare Part A and when and how to fill out the notices and administer them
- Describe the medical review process, including types of review, possible outcomes, and the appeals process
Registration for this workshop includes participation in both days. There is no exam or certification associated with this program. It is intended to provide the knowledge needed to perform NAC, administrator, nurse leader, and IDT Medicare-related job duties skillfully and with confidence.
Jennifer LaBay has no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Registration for Medicare Fundamentals Live will be open through Aug. 30.