AAPACN Education and Certification Preconference Workshops
*Note: The preconference workshops require an additional fee, and must be registered for separately.
Tuesday, April 18 – Wednesday, April 19
QAPI Certified Professional (QCP®) Workshop
Taught by Barbara Bates, RN, MSN, RAC-CT, DNS-MT, QCP-MT, Independent Consulting, MDS Consultants, and MedNet Compliance, and Linda Winston, RN, MSN, BS, RAC-CT, DNS-MT, QCP-MT, Independent Nurse Consultant and Educator
An effective quality assurance and process improvement (QAPI) program will take you beyond compliance and enable your facility to truly transform the care you provide residents. To implement QAPI strategies in post-acute care effectively, you need strong nurse leadership. As a QAPI Certified Professional (QCP®), you have shown that you have the knowledge and experience to lead your team in complying with the new regulations. The QCP certification is designed for licensed professionals with two years of experience who are directors of nursing services, QAPI managers, nursing facility administrators, nurse managers, social services directors, activities directors, or staff development directors. The prep workshop is optional for earning the QCP certification but is designed to help you prepare for the exam.
Workshop topics include:
- QAPI Design and Scope for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Governance and Leadership for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Feedback, Data Systems, and Monitoring for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Performance Improvement Projects for Skilled Nursing Facilities
- QAPI Systematic Analysis and Systemic Action for Skilled Nursing Facilities
The two-day QCP Workshop provides 15 nursing CEs.
Registration for this QCP workshop includes access to certification exam and breakfast and lunch on Tuesday and Wednesday.
RAC-CT® Recertification Workshop
Taught by Jennifer LaBay, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-MTA, CRC, and Jessie McGill, RN, RAC-MT, both from AAPACN
This workshop is designed for individuals who have already earned their RAC-CT designation and are within six months of their expiration date. AAPACN Master Teachers, Jennifer LaBay and Jessie McGill, will guide you through all of the RAI/MDS updates that have taken place over the past two years, including the FY 2022 Guidelines. This workshop also covers the nuance of common coding errors that you could be making, preparing you to perform more accurate assessments and deliver better care. Following this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Promote person-centered care and honor resident voice and choice with knowledge of how MDS 3.0 integrates with survey, resident care, finances, and publicly reported information
- Synthesize Quality Measure data into care plans and interventions to improve resident outcomes
- Understand how to correctly code activities of daily living (ADLs) on the MDS 3.0 and avoid common coding errors
- Tackle the challenges of the recent RAI User’s Manual updates head-on by understanding the most significant changes to SNF PPS
- Discover solutions to PPS scheduled and unscheduled assessment challenges with case study driven learning
The RAC-CT Recertification workshop provides 8 nursing CEs.
Registration for this RAC-CT Recertification workshop registration includes access to certification exams and breakfast on Wednesday.