Joining a professional nursing association empowers you with the resources, education, and tools you need to be an educated leader in your profession. You’ll also be able to interact with a strong community of professionals that relate to your daily struggles and triumphs, and you’ll find opportunities to become a more active participant in your field.
The American Association of Post-Acute Care Nursing (AAPACN) is the premier choice for starting your journey with a professional nursing association. 15,000 long-term and post-acute care nurses and professionals working in more than 5,175 facilities across the nation are satisfied members and enjoy the many benefits our association provides.
So why should you join a professional nursing association and why is AAPACN the number one choice? Let’s take a look at the following benefits:
Access to Helpful Tools and Resources – When you join a professional nursing association, you gain access to many free tools and resources to help you in your job.
- With AAPACN, you receive access to:
- Expert-developed tools to save you time and optimize efficiency
- Free live webinars on hot topics in your profession
- Articles covering the latest expert best practices and analysis
- Podcasts that discuss tips, advice, and updates on a wide range of topics
Develop Professional Connections – Professional nursing associations often offer a way to connect with others in your field. You have the opportunity share your knowledge and ask questions about your day-to-day struggles.
- AAPACN offers private online member communities to seek advice, ask questions, offer expertise, find tools and documents, and build a support system with other nursing professionals who share your role.
- AAPACN also offers members the ability to mentor or find a mentor to help you in your career path.
Save on the Cost of Education – With a membership for a professional nursing association, you will often receive discounts on education including certification and certificate programs, workshops, webinars, and conferences—many of which provide important and necessary continuing education (CE) credits to help you meet the requirements for your nursing license renewal.
- AAPACN is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC).
- All AAPACN members receive up to 50% off education and certification opportunities and conference registration.
- AAPACN offers additional group discount opportunities for organizational members.
Stay Up To Date with Regulatory Changes – As a busy nursing professional, you don’t always have time to search through and decipher new regulatory requirements. Professional nursing associations can break down the latest updates for you and synthesize that information into the details you need to know for your unique role.
- AAPACN offers consolidated government resources, breaking news articles, post-acute care news, tips about regulatory updates in our bimonthly newsletters, live and on-demand webinars covering MDS and other regulatory requirements in depth, and our course content is updated regularly with the latest changes.
Get Involved to Improve the Nursing Profession – Professional nursing associations often provide volunteer opportunities where you can share your voice, speak up about important issues relevant to the field, and help other nursing professionals succeed.
- With AAPACN, you can share your voice by applying to be a part of our prestigious Expert Advisory Panels, signing up for the Awards Committee, or joining our Volunteer Community, Marketing Reaction Squad, and our Advocacy and Public Policy group.