The AAPACN 2021 Conference will be held virtually April 14-15, and 21-22. The conference is an excellent time to refresh, refocus, and renew your enthusiasm and dedication for your nurse assessment coordinator (NAC) role and post-acute care. You’ll come away with new ideas and solutions, and a revitalized outlook.
Scott Heichel, RN, RAC-MT, RAC-CTA, DNS-CT, CIC, QCP, IPCO, director of clinical reimbursement at LeaderStat, will be presenting his session “5-ish Things That Make an MDS Nurse Lose Their Hair.” In true comedic fashion, Heichel will share the common struggles MDS nurses in the post-acute care field experience every day and provide advice on getting through these challenges.
As a sneak peek, here are 10 things you can expect from Heichel’s session:
- Lots of laughing (you need this)
- Not crying (really, no crying please)
- More laughing (you really need this)
- Sympathizing with other NACs who may feel like they are on an island too and that no one understands what they do (how’s the weather on Island MDS?)
- Recognizing that some of the frustrations you go through every day as a NAC are more widespread than you think (anyone else have “other duties as assigned” in their job description and it’s starting to add up?)
- Solutions to help your facility develop supportive and accurate nursing documentation (can you say “Hallelujah”?)
- Ways to cultivate care plan engagement of other staff members (Yassssss!)
- Strategies to overcome conflicting documentation in ADLs, skin, and more (can I get an “Amen!”?)
- Ideas to strengthen the interdisciplinary team’s approach to Quality Measures (wish I had this earlier!)
- Praise, praise, and more praise for all that NACs do! (You are the BEST!!!)
Be sure to attend this great session at 1 pm ET during Day 1 of the AAPACN 2021 Conference, Wednesday, April 14!
For more sneak peaks, check out some of these videos highlighting other great breakout sessions: